I am no longer my own but yours

This is the Covenant Prayer spoken in the Methodist church on the first sunday of the year, which coincides with Epiphany. It sums up how I feel at the moment and sort of paraphrases the route some of my personal prayers have taken;

I am no longer my own but yours.
Put me to what you will;
rank me with whom you will.
Put me to doing; put me to suffering.
Let me be employed for you, or laid aside for you;
exalted for you, or brought low for you.
Let me be full; let me be empty.
Let me have all things; let me have nothing.
I freely and wholeheartedly yield all things to your pleasure and disposal.

And now, glorious and blessed God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, you are mine and I am yours. So be it. And the Covenant which I have made on Earth, let it be ratified in Heaven.

I feel I am called to God's work, the challenge is to discern how...

Watch this space,

By the way, Happy Ephiphany!

Comments

  1. I wish you the best of luck with your discernment. I know some of the things you are going through as I am in the same boat.

    Hardest thing I find is giving it all over to him and resisting the urge to tinker myself.

    God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lessons in humility

Yesterday, I turned a corner...

The one where I own up to introspection...