Working overtime in a full-time life

The last month or so has been one of those where it feels like, more than usual, I'm taking on too much!

Since the London Marathon (for which I will post a race report soon, promise!), we have had our kitchen and dining room cleared, gutted, knocked through, re-fitted and decorated. So we have been living, in the living room along with the fridge, microwave, a large labradoodle and a boy who likes watching a lot of telly.
This combined with a very busy job which recently seems to use all my thinking energy has left me more drained than usual. Especially when it comes to posting blogs and keeping in touch.

In the last month I also attend a LMT service at the cathedral and led evening prayer in my own church for the first time, which felt, well, right.

The energy levels aren't quite back yet, but I made it to morning prayer on Saturday, our family worship on sunday morning along then Evensong at another church in our benefice. This helped recharge the spritual batteries a little. I also found some comments today posted by some lovely people a couple of months ago to some of my old blogs offering support and encouragement. I'm sorry I didn't pick these up at the time, my blogging skills aren't that great yet, but today, they were the boost I needed!

Exploring my calling hasn't stopped though but still needs time for prayer and reflection. That time should hopefully be easier to find soon, once we get more space at home. Also a consideration to explore is whether I can manage a part-time calling if ministry is the route for me, if need to balance a full-time career at the same time. I know others do this, but how can I manage it too? Time and God will have the answers I'm sure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lessons in humility

Yesterday, I turned a corner...

The one where I own up to introspection...