Silent Retreat poem from 2014

Just under two weeks ago, I went on my first silent retreat to a beautiful place in the Brecon Beacons. Each retreatant has their own lodge and this was the view I looked at for hours.
 
 
 
 
While away, a few things happened, some of which I'm still working through and which I may share one day, but not just yet.
 
I did some writing as well and wrote a few poems and this is one I shared with the others just before we left:
 
Retreating
 
Be
Listen
Be, still
Listen
Breathe
 
Let walls of protection fall,
Let barriers of control, fall,
Be, humble
Be, vulnerable
Trust.
 
Listen. God,
           Protects the lost
           Has a plan
           Loves the meek in heart
           Comes to the vulnerable
           Rewards trust with certainty
 
Put God first
Trust in Love, Hope and Grace
Seek and find
Listen
Find God, In silence
Questions, answered
Just
Be
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lessons in humility

Yesterday, I turned a corner...

The one where I own up to introspection...