A Prayer for Confidence in Calling

I wrote this recently to help build confidence in faith and calling;

Lord Jesus, I pray to you in trusting faith and obedience
You are the foundation, strength and cornerstone of my life
My purpose is your purpose
Your will is my will
I will trust in your everlasting love
As you were the stone the builders rejected, yet became the cornerstone;
When uncertainty, doubt and troubles surround me, I pray that I may also be a foundation of faith, like the apostles, sure in the strength which comes from your steadfast love.
I pray for the voice to proclaim the Gospel
I pray for the words to tell the good news of Jesus Christ
I pray for a heart ready to be filled and explode with the joy of a life lived with Jesus
I pray for wisdom to discern my calling
I pray this through the Holy Spirit, with my Lord Jesus Christ to God the father.
Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lessons in humility

Yesterday, I turned a corner...

The one where I own up to introspection...