A creed

For this weeks theology and ministry evening class we were asked to write a creed.

This is my attempt and is in no way an attempt to replace what is used now, but is an attempt to distil what matters to me in just ten lines.

I believe in God, who created the heavens and the Earth,
God who saw that it was good, who created us all and loves all he has made.
God who created imperfection.

In believe in Jesus, the son of God, who showed us the way to the Kingdom of Heaven.
Jesus who died on the cross, to save us from our sins.
Jesus who rose again, to Eternal life as can we, his children.

I believe in the Holy Spirit,
The Spirit of love, at work in our hearts.
The spirit of fire, uniting us all in a Holy Communion of faith.

I believe in God, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lessons in humility

Yesterday, I turned a corner...

The one where I own up to introspection...