you hold me by my right hand

As we rejoice in the gift of this new day,
so may the light of your presence, O God,
set our hearts on fire with love for you;
now and for ever.
Amen.

23 Yet I am always with you; 
you hold me by my right hand.

24 You will guide me with your counsel 
and afterwards receive me with glory.

25 Whom have I in heaven but you? 
And there is nothing upon earth that I desire in comparison with you.

26 Though my flesh and my heart fail me, 
God is the strength of my heart and my portion for ever.
(Psalm 73)

I haven't blogged in some time, a combination of reasons, largely because I've been busy, confused and just unsure what to say. I've got several unfinished posts sitting there but not sure if I want to finish them just at the moment.

Amid all the business, and quite a lot of frustration, I prayed this morning and all of that lifted. All the confusion, anger, pain, challenges and opportunities, were handed to God in prayer.

There is much hope, love and joy both now and in the future and I need to learn to see the wood for the trees and focus on all that is good and all that shall be well.

I pray only that Jesus is with me through all that goes on and even though I already know he is, the psalm today helped bring some calm to my soul and for that, I give thanks.

23 Yet I am always with you; 
you hold me by my right hand.

24 You will guide me with your counsel 
and afterwards receive me with glory.

25 Whom have I in heaven but you? 
And there is nothing upon earth that I desire in comparison with you.

26 Though my flesh and my heart fail me, 
God is the strength of my heart and my portion for ever.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lessons in humility

Yesterday, I turned a corner...

The one where I own up to introspection...