The path winds on...

So often, I feel like I should be posting something, but have nothing to say which adds something new. I'm sure this isn't true, and when I look book to when I last posted, a fair amount seems to have happened, with some developments in the near future as well.

Looking back, the associate priest with who I first talked about my calling left our benefice at an emotional joint benefice lunch. As usual, we did ourselves proud, brought and shared food, memories and kind words. This wonderful lady had been part of the parish for over 20 years and will be sorely missed. As part of the choir and prayer ministry team, I was privileged to be a part of most emotional part of day as we sang and prayed for her. Her ministry will continue in a new benefice and we continue to pray for her as that starts later in October.

Then from the beginning of September, I've also been trusted to lead morning prayer every Saturday morning. It's a spoken service with only a few people each week, but it's a huge privelege and one I am taking seriously.

The discussions on vocation are now starting to slowly move forward. There is a new vocations officer in the diocese and I have a meeting later this month as an introduction and hopefully to find out more about options.

More than ever, I believe that the Lord is guiding my footsteps. I trust that if the path takes some time to follow, it is for a reason.

This has been shown in my work life, due to various issues, I had been looking for work elsewhere. For several months I attended interviews and spoke to agencies, then, after our holiday I decided to stop. Within a week or so, I was told I would be starting a new role with my current employer along the lines of what I had been looking for. This starts in a couple of weeks, so we'll see if it really is a step in the right direction, but I am trusting that whatever happens, it will be by his will.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lessons in humility

Yesterday, I turned a corner...

The one where I own up to introspection...