Living in Love

I had been writing some reflections in advance of a vocation's meeting with my supportive Vicar. This one kind of got hold of me and I wanted to share...

God is love, and those who live in love live in God, and God lives in them. 1 John 4:11


Over recent months, this has so clear. As my faith has grown over the last few years, a sense that we all God's creatures to be loved and nurtured has become increasingly clear. Whenever I reflect on the relationships I have with all those I come into contact with, even those I don’t know or those who may cause harm to me personally or in the wider world (everyone, everywhere - it's unconditional). A feeling just washes over me to the effect that, they are loved, by me, with all my heart. It is different to the love I feel for my close family, but just as strong, and if I let it, can become overpowering.

The whole experience is amazing, this had never happened before. I’ve always had a knack for empathising with other peoples points of view, but this is a new extreme.

What is more wonderful, is that I know that it is through God’s love. His love is unconditional and now, so is mine. I may also feel hurt, sadness and pain as well because emotions are real and complex, but love is always there as well.

By the way, I think some of my friends may be a but surprised by this kind of outpouring, but any of you do read this, please don't worry - I'm not about to start sending flowers and notes on scented paper to the world!. This is a good thing and it's one thought I didn't share with the Vicar, but maybe I should and if I did (and I'm guessing now) - I think I would probably get a smile and a, 'yes I know, me too.'

Comments

  1. Was listening to a sermon at an induction last week. Have been praying about where to start in my relatively new role as the Rev's Missus. The Minister said where do you start,you start with love. So your piece tied in nicely,thanks. Keep going! Every Blessing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lessons in humility

Yesterday, I turned a corner...

The one where I own up to introspection...